Time to Build A New Creative Habit?
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” - Jim Ryun
- was cut from the church baseball team, the junior high basketball team, and didn’t make the junior high track and field team, so
- tried cross country, and
- became the first high school runner to break the four-minute mile - as a junior at Wichita High School East in Wichita, Kan. He also
- ran a 3:55.3 mile as a high school senior – a mark that stood for 36 years -
- and went on to become a three-time Olympian (1964, 1968 and 1972) and silver medalist at the 1,500-meters
- before becoming a United States congressman.
In your Fresh Ideas ‘Practice a New Habit’ issue you found ways to build a self-perpetuating creative thinking habit. Is it time to start building another one?